Skip to main content
"But seek no haven in my shadow,
I will give you no hiding place here.
You, created only a little lower than
the angels, have crouched too long in
the bruising darkness
have lain too long
facedown in ignorance. 
your mouths spilling words.
Armed for slaughter.
The Rock cries out to us today,
you may stand upon me:
but do not hide your face."

Maya Angelou






Chakra 2 - Sacral 

Location:  Lower abdomen, between naval and genitals. 

Influence: Sex organs, large intestine, lower vertebrae, pelvis, appendix, bladder, hips.
Associative Color:     Orange
Central focus:
Creativity, movement, money, emotional identity and expression, vulnerability, intimacy, interpersonal relationships, power struggles, betrayal, our shadow, vengeance, greed, addictions, sexuality, sexual boundaries.
The sacral chakra is the literal birthplace – where new life is generated. It is linked with our creative impulse, the birth of ideas, attitudes and our ability to create money. Creation is the driving force, literal and metaphoric.
Our initial experience with vulnerability is met through our right to feel. Emotional identity and  self-expression in early childhood teaches us how to release or repress our emotions.  Without an understanding of what we feel and how to express ourselves, the struggle to evolve becomes more difficult. The greater the repression, the more our shadow resorts to extreme behaviors.
Through outward movement and physical exploration we can release emotions as well as stimulate perception and consciousness.
The second chakra is the level where we meet ourselves through projection. Unrealized aspects of self, both shadow and light, are mirrored in our personal and impersonal relationships. Power plays, betrayal, vengeance, addictions are ways in which we will experience  the struggle to reclaim our personal power.  When we face our shadow in the second chakra we will be able to own our power, within the third. 
Sexuality is a connecting force that unites and yet is not limited to the act of sex itself. Through intimate union we are invited to release and surrender, transcending the physical experience to a higher spiritual level of connectivity. As quoted by Thomas Moore, “Sex is not only earthy, it is also sublime.”
To be sexual is to open our senses to various types of penetration: love, intimacy, inspiration, creativity, vulnerability. Paradoxically we are not only deepened but expanded by our sexuality.
 Mantras for the second chakra
I suspend my beliefs in opposites by seeing myself in all.
I express myself with ease and confidence.
I lovingly release the past, moving  forward with forgiveness.
I allow life to flow through me. 
It is safe for me to enjoy my body. 
I allow the full power of my sexuality to operate with joy.
I experience the beauty in life.
I am an open channel of creativity.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good piece. It is involved and comprehensive. It makes sense that vulnerability, intimacy, power struggles and sexuality are associated with this Chakra. Money and greed, well to me these are metaphorical for our perceived status, self-esteem and internal or primal survival fears. I prefer them in another Chakra. Can I move them? JK. This is interesting for many reasons. Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The only thing that is constant is change."

    The intension of this blog is to share information, contemplate life and to ask questions.  I do not claim to have any answers to these questions I ask. The only answers I have are to my own personal beliefs, which can sometimes change daily based on any given experience .    I s change the initiation for chaos?  Do we seek transformation or does transformation seek us? Transitions, letting go, surrendering to what cannot be controlled. "Everything must stay the same" a mantra that we all live with inside the human condition of the ego. If you think you can escape this, look again. "Yes, I want change to happen, I understand that it needs to happen but please don't let everything turn to chaos." Again I ask, is chaos the initiation to transformation?  Change moves us from one pattern into something new. In this process a pattern must be broken for the new pattern to be created. When something breaks, fragmentation occurs. The law of natural order. This
" This morning I woke up and realized I needed to" break-up" with myself! I finally saw (again) how I have been holding myself back"