Skip to main content

The 2016 Presidential Election



"The true spiritual life calls me, into the darkness of myself, into my fears, resentments, greed, jealousy, and dishonesty. I am called to own the darkness, so that I emerge into the light."

November 8, 2016 @ approx. 8pm PST:
I feel like something has died. I have so much grief. I am so disgusted with the potential outcome of our Presidential election that I can barely stand to speak about it. Is this really going to happen?

November 9, 2016
I wanted to lash out last night. My daughter called me wanting to share her grief and I could not be there for her because I was struggling with my own. I had to hang up. 

I was feeling hate toward everyone that voted the direction I did not.  I stayed in that place of anger and pain for quite a while, I just could not shake it, and then eventually I did.

Today 
Today my emotions are calmer and I am coming to grips with our new change in power. While my initial reactions lingered with grief I now feel it is my path to be part of the solution, to move forward and work together with grace and live the *middle way. 

As with every encounter in life I know that sometimes what appears "to be," isn't. Meaning we don't get to choose how change will look, it can come in the MOST unlikely forms. This is NOT to say our new change in power was "right or wrong" but rather to say lets put that ideal of win or lose to rest and try to focus on forward movement. 

There is always a force greater than us (I call it Life, some say God, Source etc.) that is guiding all of our paths, yes I did say guiding, and our role is that we get to choose how we will respond to it...this is co-creation. 

America vs Humanity
Over the course of the last year we all watched and participated (in varying forms) in the hate and fear from both sides of the tickets. This election has brought out what has been present and has been building for quite some time in our country. Americas' shadow out in the open for all to see.  It has taken this election and its results to fully expose it.

This rage and hate (otherwise known as fear) has been deeply buried in our history and in the psyche of our culture for years. This country has worked hard to make many changes but there is still work left to do. 

The election results have opened, what I consider, pandora's box. We are a nation that is trying to transform, a world that is struggling with change, a people that are trying to understand and define unconditional love, what equality means, what inclusivity means, what it means to truly integrate the *feminine principle into our culture.

Here is how shadow works, hate is hate no matter where it is generated from. For example, I believe in inclusivity and that EVERYONE has the right to love and marry whomever they choose. There are many people out there who believe that is wrong; hate and fear resides within that belief. Hate also has the potential to reside within how I react to their belief,  just like with my reaction to the Presidential results; hate, anger, pain, shadow, in perfect form, being mirrored.

It is our personality that compartmentalizes it into right or wrong, just or unjust. But it is STILL hate/pain. So how I react is my shadow of hate. And perhaps I then project a displaced response towards another area of my life, there again is my shadow. Hard to identify but ever present. 

We have ALL awakened the sleeping dragon that lies dormant within all of us. Why do I say that?  Because "what is in the whole is in the one," and it is time to face OUR OWN shadow. We ALL know we cannot transform a nation without transforming ourselves first. Where we are headed as universal citizens on this earth.  

I am going to ask you a question that my friend Kathy K. asked me after sharing how she was going to make a difference: "What are you going to do?"

Namaste.
T.C. 

* Buddhist tradition: The middle way is the path between two extremes.
*The masculine principle cannot stand alone, it will ultimatley self destruct.




Coaching 
Reignite Your Passion and Purpose!
"COME FULLY ALIVE  Consultation" 

  • Create a sense of clarity around the vibrant life you really want to have.
  • Discover the essential building blocks for creating purpose in your life.
  • Determine the #1 thing stopping you from feeling fully alive.
  • Identify the most powerful actions that will move you toward fulfilling the life you desire.
  • Complete the consultation with the excitement of knowing EXACTLY what to do next to reignite your passion and purpose.



Astrology Readings
Astrology is a tool used to align change and vision. Its specific and effective structure reveals cycles of your personal development through themes and archetypes. Through these perspectives clarity is achieved and challenges become opportunities for growth and transformation.

An astrology reading is personal to you based on your birth date, birth time and location of where you were born. This information is calculated with specified program software that creates a birth map (Natal Chart ) that is unique to only you. If you are interested please contact me.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The only thing that is constant is change."

    The intension of this blog is to share information, contemplate life and to ask questions.  I do not claim to have any answers to these questions I ask. The only answers I have are to my own personal beliefs, which can sometimes change daily based on any given experience .    I s change the initiation for chaos?  Do we seek transformation or does transformation seek us? Transitions, letting go, surrendering to what cannot be controlled. "Everything must stay the same" a mantra that we all live with inside the human condition of the ego. If you think you can escape this, look again. "Yes, I want change to happen, I understand that it needs to happen but please don't let everything turn to chaos." Again I ask, is chaos the initiation to transformation?  Change moves us from one pattern into something new. In this process a pattern must be broken for the new pattern to be created. When something breaks, fragmentation occurs. The law of natural order. This
" This morning I woke up and realized I needed to" break-up" with myself! I finally saw (again) how I have been holding myself back"
"But seek no haven in my shadow, I will give you no hiding place here. You, created only a little lower than the angels, have crouched too long in the bruising darkness have lain too long facedown in ignorance.  your mouths spilling words. Armed for slaughter. The Rock cries out to us today, you may stand upon me: but do not hide your face." Maya Angelou Chakra 2 - Sacral   Location:   Lower abdomen, between naval and genitals.  Influence: Sex organs, large intestine, lower vertebrae, pelvis, appendix, bladder, hips . Associative Color :     Orange Central focus: Creativity, movement, money, emotional identity and expression, vulnerability, intimacy, interpersonal relationships, power struggles, betrayal, our shadow, vengeance, greed, addictions, sexuality, sexual boundaries. The sacral chakra is the literal birthplace – where new life is generated. It is linked with our creative impulse, the birth of ideas, attitudes and our ability to create money. Creation is